Here's what's new and cool in 1.2:
- We've rebalanced the difficulty spikes in the game, so it's tougher and fairer.
- Potions are now more powerful, including the new Mana Potion which recharges all your spells.
- The "Heal" spell now only recharges when you gain XP, so you can't just wait out damage once you've found it.
- There's a new special weapon late in the game just to help out wizards.
- We've made a whole bunch of bugfixes. All the weirdness with spells? Fixed!
So now that's out of the way, what's next?
Cardinal Quest II
As you may know, Ido's been hard at work with the other guys at Dinofarm Games on Auro: The Golden Prince, a turn-based, dungeon crawling strategy game. While he gets that moving, he's handed day-to-day development of Cardinal Quest over to Joshua and me - and we have big plans. An expanded "Deluxe" version would be cool, but we're going one better: we're making a sequel.
Cardinal Quest II will have everything we had planned for Deluxe and more. It'll have three new classes, an epic story spanning three chapters (each individually as large as Cardinal Quest Classic), more spells, more items, more monsters, and cool new features like shops and high score tables to record your best runs. Best of all, if you paid for Cardinal Quest before today then you'll get Cardinal Quest II when it comes out for free.
We'll be announcing pricing and taking pre-orders for Cardinal Quest II soon, and I'll be bringing you regular updates right here as the game comes together. For now, get honing your skills on CQ Classic. CQ II's going to be even tougher!