Thursday, March 31, 2011

Last Day to Fund Cardinal Quest and Preorder All Versions For Just $5!

Time is almost up, and Cardinal Quest is at $4507 funded!

If you want to get all versions (desktop (Windows, Mac & Linux) & mobile(iOS & Android)) for only $5 this is your chance to do so!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Almost There: 4 Days and $1709 Left to Fund Cardinal Quest!

In four short days it will all be over: Cardinal Quest is currently at $4291, only $1709 short of our goal of $6000!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Two Weeks Left & Much Progress Has Been Made

I've been in Atlanta for one week now, and progress on the new version of Cardinal Quest is going along nicely. I am hoping to finish the new dungeon generator today, which should be a bit more interesting than the prototype's very simplistic BSP generator.

As far as things go on the funding side, its run on 8-Bit Funding ends in two weeks. With $4,241 funded our goal of $6000 looms closer than ever!

In other news, Jagosh is working on some new tiles & sprites (including movement animations for all characters and monsters!) and reception of Detribus, the 7DRL we did to test our new engine, have been very positive so far.

I'm going to stay here for another week & then it's back to Vienna. I've made so many great contacts so far- Atlanta's game industry seems to really be on a huge upswing these days. All and all it has been a lot of fun!


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New Game: Detribus

While working on our new engine for Cardinal Quest's flash version, we've decided to test it with a little game - Detribus.

Check it out and tell us what you think!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

One Month Left + Going Indie

Cardinal Quest now has only one month left on 8-Bit Funding. With $4,176 out $6,000 financed, the prospects are looking good.

Yesterday evening we've had a little farewell party at the office and I am now officially back into indiedom. This isn't the first time I've tried doing the indie thing, but now I'm entering the game with a lot more experience, contacts & even pre-orders for my upcoming game!

The 8BF money should be enough to cover my expenses for the next 2 months as well as pay for some of the stuff I'm contracting out (music & sound effects are the biggest on that list, then there's some more art & a bunch of PR/marketing stuff).

Corey has been laboring on fixing up a haXe port of flixel for the past couple of days, as well as adding some tweening support.

We're going to test the waters with haxe and the new lib in the upcoming 7DRL Challenge that is conveniently starting this Friday (talk about good timing!). I will most likely be working on the game while Corey continues working on the engine.

Hopefully everything will work out smoothly & we could then continue to use the same basic code for Cardinal Quest's new version.